I know I mostly blog about the kids, but sometimes I need to brag on my sweet husband too. Since we have moved back “home” to Florence, Ed has gotten super-involved in the community. He is on the board of HopeHealth, The School Foundation, Kiwanis, Central United Methodist, Young Professionals. He spear-headed the Florence After Five concert series this past summer and for the past three years he and his friend John Turner have co-chaired the School Foundation’s annual gala, which has approximately 1,000 attendees. Oh, and he works full-time and has a wife and three small children at home! He is very blessed to have a job that allows him to do much of his community service during business hours.
Recently he has received two awards that I felt compelled to brag on. Last month at his annual Kiwanis banquet he was honored as “Kiwanian of the Year.” This is a great honor, especially because he is in a Kiwanis group with many established business people who are also very involved in the community. He is involved in many aspects of their service and I know the award was well-deserved. Last night we attended another event called “Tux and Chucks” (yep, formal wear paired with tennis shoes…very fun!) which was the Young Professional of Florence’s first ever evening celebration. This group was the brainchild of Ed and his friend John who formed the group in 2006. It started with the inaugural event at Bentons (oh, how I miss Bentons!) and has grown into a network of over 700 members. Every month we have a free after hours networking event at a local business. (So, any of you locals who don’t know about YP, contact me and I will get you on the mailing list. It is just a good time to meet people, network, and make new friends while enjoying food and beverages!) However, last night was their first fundraiser and it was a huge success. The tables were full, the bar was open and the food was delicious. But here is the really good part. Ed was honored as Young Professional of the Year! He truly deserves this honor and I am so proud of him. I love you baby! xoxo
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment