Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Things They Say...

Today, as we were pulling into my parents' driveway, Henry pointed out they neighbors who were outside. Andrew said "I call those people 'N's' because neighbor starts with N." (Oh my word, can't you just hear him repeating that at school?) I quickly gathered my thoughts and said "No, let's don't say that again. It sounds like you're saying a bad word." Of course he said "Why?" and I told him that there is a very bad word that starts with the letter N and someone might think he is trying to say that. He then said "What's the bad word?" like I was going to tell him! (Don't worry, I didn't!)
I do think it's cute that he calls people either "brown" or "pink" when he even notices their skin color. It is much more accurate than "black" and "white" as far as I'm concerned.
Henry is adjusting to school, slowly but surely. He loves to tell me when he gets a "green dot" as soon as I pick him up from school. Obviously, he is not so quick to tell when he gets a yellow or red dot. He did tell me that he has a girlfriend at school, but I am not so sure she knows about it. One advantage of full-day school for Henry is NO MORE NAPS. He is in bed at 8:30 and is asleep by 9:00 most of the time these days. Thank you Lord, for small favors!
Jacob, my chatterbox, talks and talks and talks all day long. He is starting to speak in full sentences. He points and says "I want that." I mean, REALLY? When did this happen? His favorite things to say are animal noises. He says "Moo" and "Cack Cack" (quack quack) all the time. Our friend John nicknamed him "Jake D" recently and Jacob will now start randomly chanting "Jake D! Jake D! Jake D!"
Funny kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment