Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Time!

Wow, I am really slacking on this blog. I can't believe it is now 6 days until Christmas! Holy mackrel! Andrew is obviously old enough to fully appreciate Christmas and all that is has to offer: Santa, the decorations, Christmas break, the carols, the PRESENTS. Henry knows enough about it to be excited, but he really just follows Andrew's lead. Jacob just thinks there is a really cool lighted tree in our den.
The problem with Andrew really "getting" Christmas is that he knows he can ask for what he wants. And his list changes every time he is asked what he wants. Nintendo DS and XBox 360 (or, actually, 36D, as he wrote it himself) are the two big tickets items that he has mentioned. I have had to explain to him that Santa has to bring gifts to ALL the children in the world and he can't bring everything Andrew asks for.
Henry said he wants a real John Deere tractor and he has randomly decided that he wants a violin. Hm. Also, when I asked him the other day what he wants to be when he grows up, he said "a John Deere man and a violin man." Again...hm.
Jacob hasn't asked for anything but I think Santa will probably bring him a few toys;) He has some concept of Santa. He calls him either "Ho Ho" or "Claus," both of which are pretty darn cute.
Merry Christmas to all! I hope Santa is good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment