Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet Baby Jacob

Little baby Jacob is growing and changing every day. He is seven months old now. I can’t believe it! His first birthday will be here before we know it. Jacob is generally a very good baby, with a few exceptions. He took a little longer than Andrew or Henry did to get the knack of sleeping through the night. Even now he will wake up during the night occassionally. He is getting over his very first ear infection…oh joy! Let me tell you something, those first few days of the ear infection were miserable! We were on a family camping trip when he first started feeling bad and he let us know it. There was a lot of crying and screaming at all hours of the day. He couldn’t drink his bottles because it hurt his ears. So, on top of having an ear ache, he was so hungry! Ed finally got the medicine dropper out and fed him drop by drop one night. We went to see the doctor as soon as we could and I have decided that Amoxicillin may possibly be the greatest invention ever. After just two doses, I could already tell that he was feeling better.
Jacob is starting to do a lot of new and fun things. He has two bottom teeth and, by the amount of drooling he is doing, I’m guess that he has another set coming soon. He rolls over, stretches and scoots all around when he is on the floor. I am interested to see when he will start crawling. Just recently, he learned his first consonant sound so we get lots of “babababa” noises to go along with the raspberries that he blows constantly. My favorite sound to hear is his precious little giggle. It melts Mommy’s heart every single time!

No comments:

Post a Comment