It's been so long since I've blogged that I hate to start back up with this particular post! Today was a rough day for Andrew Love. Let me back up and say that we have all had a bit of trouble with the time change this week. Andrew and Henry in particular. When they go to bed at night, Andrew is generally asleep within a few minutes. This week, however, Andrew and Henry have both been staying awake in their beds for a good half hour to an hour just reading, talking and playing. Well, an hour of lost sleep is a whole lot for those little guys and I think it finally caught up with Andrew today.
I received an email from his teacher this afternoon letting me know that he was already on "red" this morning when he got to her class from his extended day program. He had been talking, playing and just not following classroom rules in that class. At recess another teacher caught him throwing rocks through the fence at a car! Holy cow! He got put on red in his afternoon class for that. So my oldest child received TWO red dots today! I was mortified.
When I got to daycare to pick the boys up after work, Andrew picked up his backpack, unzipped it and handed me his folder, without me even having to ask. We sat down and talked about it for a good while and he started crying. He was so upset that he got in trouble and that I was disappointed in him! It was really hard for me to stay firm with him and not just give in and tell him "It's okay." I did give him a great big hug and tell him that I loved him no matter what. I know he isn't a bad boy and I guess we all have bad days. Here's hoping tomorrow will be much better!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment