Monday, February 22, 2010

Crazy Weather!

We had the BEST weather here this weekend. Amazing. Two Saturdays ago it was snowing and this past Saturday? It was 68 degrees! What is UP? I'm not complaining though! We loaded up the boys and were out the door by 8:15 Saturday morning for Andrew's soccer pictures and then game. We stayed outside until 12:00, took about a one and a half hour break inside for lunch/"rest" then headed back outside to play again until about 6:00. Andrew and Henry played baseball, rode bikes, ran, pulled each other on the wagon and played with all the neighbors' kids. We had some seriously tired kids on our hands that night. Henry, as I have mentioned, HATES bedtime. That night I put him in bed and went to the bathroom to help Andrew brush his teeth. By the time Andrew and I went in the bedroom, Henry was ASLEEP. Seriously. Less than five minutes and the child was o-u-t OUT. Andrew was gone about ten minutes after that.
I should have kept my mouth shut but I commented to Ed that I couldn't believe we had all of our children in bed and asleep at 8:30. Of course, that is when Jacob woke up crying. He had been the doctor on Friday because he was running a fever. His ears were fine (Thank you, God!) so it was just a little virus. Apparently he developed a stomach bug on Saturday. We got him back to sleep that time but he threw up in his crib several hours later. Oh, did I mention we already had Andrew in our bed because he woke up crying from a nightmare? All in all, not the best night of sleep for the Mommy and Daddy in our house.

Jacob moved up to the one-year-old class at daycare today. Big boy!

Andrew asked me in the car "How do God and Santa both live up in the sky?" I tried to explain that Santa doesn't live in the sky and he said "Is the North Pole at the bottom of the earth?" Then, after I attempted to explain that, he wanted to know where Heaven is. I told him I didn't know and he said he thought the "people who teach me at church" would know. I didn't argue with that so I will be interested to know what they come up with.

Henry's newest thing is saying that we scared him when he is getting in trouble. My solution to his getting out of bed lately is to just go in his room, pick him up and put him back in bed without saying anything. The last few times I have done that he tells me "You scare me Mommy," which I have figured out is just his way of getting sympathy and trying to get out of trouble.

Mom and I took Andrew and Henry to the circus yesterday and they played Fergie's "Boom Boom Pow." Imagine my surprise when Andrew started singing along! Now he and Henry have both been singing it for the past 24 hours.

Jacob has been starting to say more and more words. He says "Bye Bye" and "Ball." They sound very similar, but "Bye Bye" comes with a wave and "Ball is usually when he is throwing a ball. BUT the biggest news is that yesterday he looked right at me and said "MAMA." I have heard him saying a few "mamas" here and there but never directed at me. There was no mistaking it this time! He knows how to melt his Mommy's heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment