I can't believe I let so much time pass between blogs! I guess I've just been busy with "real life." We've had a busy summer and I can't believe it will be over soon. School registration is next week and...oh my goodness...Henry will be registering for 3k! And Andrew will be in big-boy-all-day Kindergarten! Andrew is so excited to be going into Kindergarten and is very excited for Henry to go to his school. We'll find out at registration whether or not Henry and Andrew will be in the same class, which is what I requested. Montessori classes are combined classes, which means 3k, 4k and 5k are all in one classroom together. It gives the little kids a chance to learn from the big kids and the big kids love to teach the little ones. I LOVE Andrew's teacher and she does a great job of keeping the kids on task and away from the friends that they might get into trouble with. I feel pretty confident that the two boys will do well being in a class together. Plus Henry will only be in the classroom for 3 hours a day so it will be a short time period of "togetherness."
Andrew has been super-busy at daycare this summer. They have been ON THE GO. They go to the movies every Tuesday and the library on Wednesday. Then on Thursday or Friday they go somewhere else fun...Chuck E. Cheese, FunDayGo (think big warehouse filled with inflatables), skating, Lynches River, etc. He is having a blast! On another happy note, he is (crossing my fingers) finally over the bedwetting. He is going to hate me for blogging that one of these days, but I am just so excited!
Henry still hates bedtime. Every night he asks us approximately 47 times "Is it bedtime yet?" When we tell him yes, his bottom lip pokes out and he says "But I don't WANNA go to bed!" Some nights he screams and cries. Usually that is when he is the most tired. Last night he wanted me to sleep in his bed with him and I told him no, but his stuffed dog "Big George" was going to sleep with him. He said "But he's not a realer boy!" How stinkin' cute is that?
Jacob is getting lots of curly blonde hair. He has been baldy baby and one of the teachers at daycare used to call him Slick. Just the other day she said she couldn't call him that anymore b/c he is getting so much hair. Don't get me wrong, he is 18 months old and still not ready for a haircut, but we're getting there.
He has a mouth FULL of teeth. I think he has 11 right now and one more about to poke through. He is also talking up a storm, starting to put together a few two sentences. Tonight at dinner, he pointed at Henry's plate and said "Eat-eat Henry." Of course, to the rest of the world it sounds like "Ee-Ee Eewy" but we know exactly what he's saying!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment