Sunday, January 16, 2011

Potty time!

Since my initial post about Jacob using the potty, he had pretty much decided that he was happy in his diapers. Until recently. Over the last couple of weeks he has started letting us know "I stinky" or pulling off wet diapers. One day I couldn't find him so I started calling his name and heard him say "In heee-ya." He was in Andrew and Henry's room, wearing nothing but a shirt and had a pair of Andrew's underwear in his hand trying to put them on. When I asked where his diaper was he pulled it out of the laundry basket and handed it to me. It was still warm so it was obvious he had just peed in it. Then yesterday he started pulling his pants and diaper off. Once he got the diaper off I took him to put a new one on. Shortly after that I realized he had taken his diaper off AGAIN so I took him to his room to put another one on. While we were in the room I heard Ed say "Is this POOP on the FLOOR?" Sure enough Jacob had taken his diaper off and pooped on our floor. And, not to be too graphic, but I'm pretty sure he must have squatted to do it because there was no "evidence" on his bottom or legs.
Again, today, we took the boys to visit Ed's dad "Big Daddy" and Jacob kept pooting. Every time he would laugh and say "I poot." He started tugging at his diaper and saying "Off." Now on to his trick, I took him straight to the bathroom and sat him on the potty. I told him to poot and he did (and laughed). That was about the extent of that potty trip, but a short time later he started tugging at the diaper again. So, again, I put him on the potty. I told him to poot and as he was straining, he peed a little. (Cue Mommy cheering.) He straight some more and he POOPED IN THE POTTY! (Cue more cheering.) After I wiped him and got him down we both checked out the prize in the potty. He was so proud! I am very excited but I don't know if I'm quite ready for this. If he is potty-trained, he is definitely not a baby and I am not ready to not have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment