Sunday, March 20, 2011

So blessed

I have had an amazing weekend & I have my husband to thank for it! Friday was Parents' Night Out at our church and we spent it on the Fountainhead patio having a couple of cocktails with friends. We didn't even leave to get dinner so we picked up Townhouse on the way home. (Supporting two local businesses in one night...score!) Saturday morning we took the boys (all three of them!) for haircuts. Andrew's hair has lost the curl but it is still wavy which means it is pretty unruly without some attention. I gave him the ultimatum that we had to either cut it short or grow it out a little and he had to let me fix it every.single.morning. He was really excited about growing it out so he kept telling Mrs. Myrtle she was cutting too much off. We just got it shaped up a little and I think he is going to be so handsome once his hair grows out a little and we can style it in kind of a big boy style!
After the big haircuts, Andrew had a baseball scrimmage. I have to admit, baseball at this age is NOT my favorite sport. Call me a bad mom but it is kind of miserable for me. Picture it: baseball where no score is kept, every kid bats until they hit and only two innings are completed in an hour and 15 minutes. Add to that two children who don't want to sit still and watch the game and things are not pleasant. I even missed Andrew's second at-bat when he hit off the machine because I was chasing Jacob and Henry!
Sooo, after the game, I headed to Charleston for a girls' night! So fun! My college friend Dia was in town visiting our friend Noel so I went to surprise Dia. We had so much fun together! We went to dinner and out for drinks and dancing. Oh my gracious it was F.U.N.
Back on to the kids. Big news for Jacob! We were down to one good binky and I said we weren't going to buy anymore. Well, one night the good binky went missing. Nowhere to be found. I looked at Ed and said "It looks like tonight's the night." He cried and screamed for about 40 minutes until he wore himself slap out and fell asleep. He woke up again around 11:15 and cried and screamed for about 15 minutes. Let me tell you it broke my heart to hear him screaming "Mommy! Daddy!" but I knew it had to be done. He hasn't screamed for the binky anymore since then but he asks for it occassionally. However, he has been SUPER whiny and clingy. Holy smokes. It is pretty miserable. Say a prayer that it passes...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment