Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Big Boy Andrew

My little Andrew is not so little anymore. He surprises me constantly with his vocabulary, comprehension, compassion, etc! He is such a sweet big brother (most of the time). He helps with Jacob in the car, talking to him, rubbing him and giving him his binky when it falls. He also tries to help translate what Henry is saying when Ed and I can't understand him. This can be quite helpful when Henry is repeating himself over and over (and over and over) trying to make us understand or pay attention.
Andrew loves to sing in car and recently his favorite song is "In the Hands of God." I told Ed that he needs a little MP3 player for his birthday so we can download all of his favorite songs and he can listen to them anytime. He also loves movies. I really enjoy watching most of the Disney movies so I usually don't mind. Friday night my parents took Andrew to see the play "Aladdin" at the Florence Little Theatre. Mom said he kept saying "I know this movie!" Of course Saturday morning he woke up talking about it and asking if he could watch the movie (which is my original VHS version, by the way!). When the little guys were napping Andrew and I watched "Aladdin" together. I loved sharing that time with him and sharing one of my favorite movies from years ago.
His compassion really struck me yesterday. Our friends Jake and Barbara had a housefire Sunday morning. Luckily everyone got out safely and we are so thankful to God for that! Their house is not livable at the time but can probably be repaired. I was trying to explain all of this to Andrew and said that we should say a special prayer for them. We forgot to do it Sunday night at bedtime and Monday morning Andrew remembered and reminded me! On the way home from daycare he started asking more questions about the fire...how did it start, why did it happen, how did it get "un-fire"(his word)? We said a little prayer asking God to help them through this tough time and thanking Him for protecting them and getting everyone out of the house safely. When we were done, Andrew said "Poor poor Barbara." My sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment