I had a parent-teacher conference with Andrew's teacher Ms. O'Neal yesterday and got an excellent report once again! She said there is really nothing he needs to work on improving. He is in 4K but does most of the 5K work. He has just about mastered adding and subtracing and Tonya said she is going to have him start some multiplication soon! WOW! She also told me that he can read and spell words on his own. They have a "dictation" lesson that has several objects in a bowl. They are all things like "bug", "pot" "cat" (CVC words) and the kids have to put together the letters and spell all of the objects correctly. I tested him last night and Andrew spelled several words for me. He also pointed out several words in the book we were reading last night!
I asked Tonya what would happen next year since he is already doing the 5K lessons in 4K and she said he could go spend a few days a week with the first graders. Oh my gosh! I am so proud of him, but I am just terrified that my big boy is so smart and growing so quickly!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment