Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Just Thinking...
In the five years since I became a parent, I have encountered so many things that make me cherish my perfect boys and want to hug them close. Seeing others around me struggle with infertility, miscarriages, infant/child deaths, disabilities in children, etc. makes me even more appreciative of my blessed life. I honestly can't imagine how a person continues to breathe after the death of a child. I don't think there is any way a person can possibly understand the feeling of overwhelming grief unless they actually experience it as the parent of a a child who is sick or deceased. I have seen it with my own eyes. The look of despair, of hopelessness, of desperation, on the faces of parents who have lost a child. I hope, no I PRAY, that I will never have to endure such pain. I pray constantly for the safety, health and happiness of my boys. Just the other day I was discussing this over email with a few of my girlfriends. One of them said something that really struck a chord with me. She said that she thanks God daily for His gift to her, her precious baby girls, and realizes that they are on LOAN from Him and He can take them back Home to Him at any time. Wow. I have to admit, I have never ever thought about it that way. God has been so good to me but I do have to remember that the three beautiful children sleeping in their beds right now are not mine to keep. They do belong to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment