Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Night Boredom!

Most of you that know me know that it is highly unusual for me to be up and about past 10:00 pm! I don't know what's gotten in to me, but I am wide awake sitting in my house and everyone else is asleep. It's been a crazy couple of weeks so I guess I'm just catching my breath.
Lucas continues to do better each day. He is eating better and is only getting fed through his tube as needed. He has put on a teeny bit of weight...not much, but we have to celebrate the smallest victories! They have started letting other family members hold him, but only about one person (other than Mommy and Daddy) a day, so that he doesn't get overstimulated. I can't wait for my turn. I haven't seen the little guy in several days because I was in Charlotte for three days this week, so I hope I can get up to the hospital tomorrow. Tomorrow is also Kimberly's baby shower, which was scheduled before she went into the hospital. I can't wait to see all of the cute presents my little nephew gets!
My boys are, of course, precious as always. Andrew got to go on his field trip to FunDayGo and he had so much fun! He has also learned to "zerbert" his own arm and thinks it is hilarious. He just giggles and giggles every time he does it, which makes me giggle, which makes him do it all over again.
Henry has learned this goofy big smile that he does because he knows it makes us laugh. It is a super cheesy, super fake smile and sometimes he even says "cheese" (or something like it) when he smiles. Funny story of the week: The boys and I were in Target shopping today when Andrew had to go to the bathroom. Henry, Jacob and I were waiting outside the stall for him and of course all the women who came in and out were talking to Henry. A lady was walking out and said bye to Henry so I prompted him to say "bye-bye." He looked at her and said "Bye-bye lady!" Too funny!
Jacob has really started enjoying solid foods more and more. He eats 1/2 a jar to a full jar every night and doesn't get the "what in world are you putting in my mouth?" look anymore. He is so happy and smiles and laughs all the time. He is getting to be so big and so much fun. Now, if I could get him sleeping through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment