I am ecstatic to report that my sweet nephew Lucas got to go home on Saturday morning! He was about 4 lbs 8 oz but he was doing so well eating and maintaining his temperature that the doctor decided there was nothing that had to be done in the NICU that couldn't be done at home! Josh and Kimberly were so excited of course, but I can just imagine the fear and intimidation they were (and probably still are) feeling. I remember how scared I was when I came home with Andrew and he was a full 41 week, 8 lb 2 oz baby. It must be twice as scary when you have a little preemie! Josh came for Father's Day dinner on Sunday night and I loaded him up with clothes that Jacob has outgrown. It is going to be a while before he can wear even the newborn clothes though!
In Love news...we packed up and headed to Salisbury, NC to my grandfather's house for the annual Canup reunion. Andrew and Henry love going to Grandpa's farm. It has been a while since there were any cows but there is still plenty of fun to be had. There is a huge yard to play in, pasture to walk in, tractors to ride on and old (probably antique) toy trucks to play with. Andrew and my cousin's daughter Emma got to play in the sprinkler for a good while Saturday evening and had so much fun! Andrew was going to ride back with my parents on Sunday and we left before they did. They said they were packing up to leave and Andrew mentioned riding the tractor so Dad pulled it out and gave Andrew a ride. Of course then his two cousins needed a ride too, so leaving took a little longer than anticipated!
It is so sweet to see my 91 year old grandfather with all the great-grands. He doesn't show too much emotion but he gets the sweetest grin when he sees them. I put Jacob in his Bumbo seat on the table in front of Grandpa on Sunday morning and they just smiled and laughed at each other for the longest time. Grandpa can hardly hear and Jacob doesn't say much so they make a great team!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment