When I walked in the door to daycare to pick up the boys yesterday, Ms. Marie said “Ms. Patsy wanted me to let you know that Andrew got in trouble for pulling his pants down on the playground today.” My first thought was “Oh my word, he tried to pee on a tree.” Luckily that was not so and I will give you the abbreviated version of the story as I have gathered it from three teachers and my innocent little curly-headed almost-5-year-old. There were four boys involved in the “Pants Down Scandal” (or PDS) as I will call it. I will allow the other boys to remain anonymous in case their parents do not find it as amusing as I do. According to Andrew, Little Boy #1’s underwear was bothering him. He pulled the waistband of his shorts and underwear down to show the other boys where it was rubbing him. Of course, boys being boys, they all wanted to see what superhero was on his undies. Obviously, the other boys had to show off their cool cartoon covered underwear and they ALL pulled their pants down.
Ms. Patsy informed me this morning that Andrew did NOT pull his underwear down as I feared (WHEW!) but did have his shorts around his knees. Ms. Patsy said she looked over just in time to see one boy pulling his shorts down…and his underwear with it.
I am so glad that Ms. Patsy was laughing when she was telling me the story. It is just one of those situations that you have to discipline your child, but you really want to laugh. I talked to Andrew and asked if he knew why it was not okay to pull your pants down. He said “Yeah, ‘cause you’ll get in trouble.” HA!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment