Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another "Sick" Post

Ugh, I think I am destined to have at least one sick child for the rest of my life. Jacob has done a round of amoxicillin and a round of Augmentin. Yesterday Ed took him to see the pediatrician for what was supposed to be his one year checkup and found out that he STILL has that darn ear infection. Poor guy! He got a shot yesterday, goes back for the second shot tomorrow and then goes for his recheck in two weeks. I am praying that these shots knock out the infection because if they don't, it's on to tubes. We have managed to get two kids through ear infections with no tubes, so I am really hoping that we can get the third kiddo through this phase!
Two funny stories:
Henry asked me, out of the blue, "Why Mommy?" "Why what, Henry?" "WHY can't we go to the pool?" I have no idea what made him ask that but it made me laugh, which made him mad.
Last night Andrew and I went to his school for "Math Night" which included math games and pizza. After the games we went to get our pizza and an old acquaintance of mine was helping to serve the pizza. I said "Hey Lee" and Andrew looked at me a little funny. He whispered something to me and I couldn't hear him so I bent down and said "What?" He glanced over at Lee and put his hand up beside his mouth and whispered "That's Mrs. O. She's the music teacher." I said okay but he still looked a little concerned and then it dawned on me that he thought I had called her the wrong name. I guess he had never realized that teachers have first and last names! Later, in the car, I asked him if he knew that his teachers have first and last names, just like us. I said "Do you know what Ms. O'Neal's whole name is?" He thought for a second and said "Ms. O'Neal Love?"
Man, these kids sure know how to make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment