I am staring at my cute husband as I type this and he has this funny looking black smudge on his forehead. Yes, we went to Ash Wednesday service tonight. It was a very touching service, as always. Listening to the words of Psalm 51: 10-11 made me reflect. "Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me." This is a time for reflection, for new beginnings. A time to say "Hey God, I'm not perfect. Forgive me and love me anyway." What a wonderful feeling to know that we all have someone who will love us NO MATTER WHAT.
I do not usually even attempt to give anything up for Lent. I have no willpower. None. Whatsoever. But I have realized that the whole point of Lent is to test yourself and your faith. So, I am vowing to give up SHOPPING for Lent and...fried food. Ugh, am I nuts? Maybe. Probably. But I really want to test myself. I have to remember I am only human. If I screw up, well then, that is normal and God will understand. I know God won't love me any less for my mess-ups, nor will He love me any more for accomplishing my goal.
Funny story...This morning I was trying to decide between two pairs of shoes. I had one on each foot and said "Henry which shoe do you like best?" He looked at the Spiderman shoes on his own feet and said "No, I like these shoes best."
When I dropped Jacob off this morning, the daycare director asked how I felt about Jacfob moving up to the one year old class on Monday. I wanted to say "No, absolutely not, he has to stay in the baby room." Of course, he is 13 months so it is definitely time for him to move up. And I know that keeping him in the baby room is not really an option, and wouldn't be beneficial to him, so I said "Okay." I really just want to keep him little for as long as possible!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment