I am slacking off on my blogging lately. I have no excuses.
The big news to report, well I hate to even report it because we haven't actually witnessed it, but here goes...Jacob has taken a few steps! He stands on his own and I have seen him take one step but I wouldn't even count it as walking. I kind of figure you have to at least move each foot once to be "walking." I have seen him a time or two where I thought he might have moved both feet but it happened so fast that I couldn't be sure. Yesterday when I picked him up from daycare his teacher told me he had taken three steps! Yeah for my big boy! Now, if he would only walk for Mommy and Daddy. Today when I picked him up his teacher gave me a different report...he went to time-out TWICE today! He just gets too excited and wants to play with the other babies. Unfortunately his idea of play sometimes involves hitting them or trying to climb over him.
Recently we have been fighting illnesses right and left. Andrew is old enough now, and has been in daycare long enough, that his immune system is pretty strong and he rarely gets sick. Henry and Jacob have just been fighting off everything. Jacob had an ear infection that didn't clear up and turned into a DOUBLE ear infection. The Augmentin he was on gave him SEVERE diarrhea, which in turn gave him severe diaper rash. Henry had a sinus infection, then had his teeth pulled, then developed a horrendous cough. The doctor said the cough was only a virus which any mom knows means you get no prescriptions and just have to wait it out. I think (fingers crossed) that we are all healthy now.
Last weekend, Ed had a guys' weekend in Georgia. Mom, Dad, the boys and I headed to North Carolina to visit my Grandpa for his 92nd birthday. I feel so incredibly blessed that I still have three grandparents in my life. Grandpa lives in a nursing home and he loves to see the great grandchildren. Andrew and Henry will run up and give him a big hug but then they are off doing their own thing. I like to sit by Grandpa with Jacob on my lap and let them "talk" to each other. Mostly they smile and laugh at each other and hold hands. It really warms my heart to watch them. Grandpa isn't really strong enough to hold Jacob but we can sit him on Grandpa's lap for some bonding time. I cherish those moments. Over the past weekend there was snow, and lots of it! The local news said we got 7 inches. Andrew and Henry had the BEST time. We bundled up, got two sleds out of the basement and played in the snow as long as we could stand it. The most fun was pulling the boys on the sled and letting them fly down the driveway. They laughed so hard! We were all pretty pooped by the end of the weekend!
And I'll end on a warm fuzzy thought from the mind of a five year-old:
Andrew's thoughts on Martin Luther King: "He was a good man and he lives in Heaven now. He had a dream. 'Cause brown people had to stand up on the bus and only pink people could sit down. And that's not nice."
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment