Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's a Zoo Around Here!

While it is most definitely a zoo around this house, I am actually referring to a REAL zoo this time. We made a trip to the Riverbanks Zoo yesterday and met up with our dear friends Tom and Kim Patterson and their two children Reese (5) and Sydney (1), who live in Orangeburg. Reese and Andrew are just three months apart so they have know each other since they were practically newborns. Now Henry just joins right in with them and the three big boys are best buds. Poor Jacob and Miss Sydney were just along for the ride yesterday. Andrew, Henry and Reese were running wild from one exhibit to the next. Every time we ask them what their favorite animals were, the answer changes. I think the penguins are high on the list for everyone. Henry kept asking about the monkeys over and over and over until we finally found them. Jacob liked watching the fish swimming and some of the monkeys caught his eye. Other than that I think he was just taking it all in.
I think the funniest part of the day was on the way home. We had a movie playing for the boys, but Ed and I were in the front, listening to the radio and chatting so we couldn't even hear the movie. One we got into town and the road-noise was not so, well...loud, I started hearing something strange coming from the DVD player. It was in SPANISH! I guess one of us hit the wrong button when we were setting the movie up but the kids had been watching for OVER an hour and didn't even realize they couldn't understand a word! I think they were tuckered out.

No comments:

Post a Comment