Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big News!

We have developed a bathtime routine in the Love house. Every night Andrew and Henry take a bath together. Andrew strips down and then goes potty before he gets in the tub. We have a small potty for Henry but he has realized that Andrew uses the big potty so he has decided that wants to be like “An-Doo.” I get Henry undressed and he goes to the big potty and wants me to put him on it. Usually this routine consists of Henry sitting there for 2 seconds and making the “psssss” sound that I use to try to get him to understand what is supposed to be happening on the potty…and then he is ready to get up. Then he gets in the tub and usually needs to get out and sit on the potty at least one more time. Last night he was sitting on the potty and smiling at me and I realized he was actually peeing! Seriously, only a Mommy of a preschooler can truly understand the happiness of seeing a child pee in the potty! Oh, the joy! I will be so thrilled when he is potty trained and I am down to one child in diapers.
The next big step is going to be getting Andrew out of the Pull-Ups at night. He NEVER has daytime accidents. Night is a completely different story though. He is the hardest sleeper I have ever seen. I mean NOTHING wakes the child. I used to try to get him up in the middle of the night to make him potty but he would not wake up so I would have to carry him and try to pull his pants down and sit him on the potty. I have tried putting underwear on at night. I thought if he had an accident in his underwear, he would wake up. NO! He will not wake up so the next morning he is completely soaked and he smells like urine. The doctor said this is normal and he should outgrow it. I hope he is right!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, when I saw Big News I thought you were pregnant again! Don't do that to me!! Although I am very excited for little Hen-rico- sweet boy. I need to see you soon- lunch??? Moes? You know it's our favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete