Monday, May 18, 2009

Check-ups!

I took Henry and Jacob in for their well-baby check-ups today (2 years and 4 months respectively). Wow! My kids are growin'! Henry is 29.5 lbs and 36.5 inches tall. The nurse said he was tall, but I have no idea. JACOB however, jumped up from the 25th percentile to the 50th percentile in both height and weight! 14 lbs 13 ounces and 24 3/4 inches tall! He must have heard when I told Dr. Whitehead at his 2 month check-up that he was going to be the runt of the family! He wants to catch up to those big brothers!
Both guys had to get shots. Henry went first so he wouldn't know what was coming and he was seriously unhappy! I held him and he cried for about a minute. He settled down in time to enjoy watching Jacob getting TWO shots (he's a bit of a sadist). Jacob cried just a bit but dried it up as soon as the shots were done. My daycare called after lunch asking if they could give Jacob some more Tylenol and I could hear him SCREAMING in the background. Apparently those shots made the little guy feel pretty bad.
I just can't believe that Jacob will be 6 months old when we go back for his next check-up! Time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment