Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Sleep deprived!
Anyone have any helpful hints for getting a baby to sleep through the night? You would think that I would know what I was doing by this time in my motherhood experience. This is my third baby after all! Jacob is four months old now and it doesn’t seem like he is even close to sleeping through the night. I cut out his middle of the night feeding about two weeks ago. When he wakes all he usually wants is to be reswaddled and needs his pacifier and he will go back to sleep. (This is my only complaint about the binky when they are this age!) Occasionally he needs to be picked up and held just for a moment and he drifts right back to sleep. He doesn’t even have a “schedule” of when he wakes, which is really frustrating. If he were always waking at 3:00 or 5:00 or whatever, I would think he might be hungry. Sometimes he wakes up once at night, other times it’s three times in one night. I am starting to think maybe he is teething because he has also started chewing on his hands and is slower at taking his bottle (or sometimes doesn’t want to eat at all). Whatever it is, I am frustrated and tired! Any veteran Mommies with suggestions? I’m open!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment