Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wanted: Prayers

My brother Josh and his wife Kimberly are expecting their first child (Lucas) July 22. Apparently little Lucas has decided that he is ready to come out and meet his crazy cousins because last night, at 32 weeks, Kimberly's water broke. She went to McLeod and found out she was 3 cm dilated and she was having contractions. They put her on Magnesium to stop her from going into labor. They are going to give her steroids to help Lucas's lungs develop. They are keeping her on the Magnesium for 48 hours and then will take her off and leave everything in God's hands. I am hopeful that she will not go into labor immediately so that Lucas has a little longer to develop. I know that babies are born this early all the time and that most of them grow up into healthy boys and girls. I would just really love it if Lucas could grow and develop a little more before his birth. I am so thankful that Florence has McLeod which has such amazing doctors and a great NICU, just in case we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment