Ed and I had a great weekend in Richmond for my best friend Ashley's wedding. The wedding was gorgeous, the reception was so much fun, and it was wonderful to see several of my high school friends and hang out with them. My parents were again gracious enough to keep all three boys for the weekend. They did have a little relief on Saturday when my father-in-law picked up Andrew and Henry for a few hours. So "thank you" to all the grandparents for their help with the boys! And CONGRATULATIONS to Ashley and Marshall Pierce! I love you Ashley!
We got back yesterday afternoon and headed to my parents' house for a Mother's Day dinner, which the men cooked. My mom was so sweet and helped Andrew make me some Mother's Day gifts. He painted a vase and they picked flowers to fill it with. He made a card and wrote "Happy Mother's Day" on it all by himself! They also made me a book with tracings of all the boys' hands and feet. I love those kind of homemade gifts. They made my heart smile. My "real" gift will be having pictures made of my sweet boys. I can't wait! Happy Mother's Day (a day late) to all the Mommies out there. I hope that your day was as special as mine!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment