Thursday, December 10, 2009
Choosing Battles
As parents, sometimes we just have to pick our battles. Today may be the best example of picking battles in my career as a Mommy. Henry is obsessed with his Wiggles slippers and sleeps in them many nights. They look like the Big Red Car with the Wiggles riding inside so they are not small by any means. This morning he was being super-ill about everything. I had to fight him to find out what he wanted for breakfast (Pop-Tart, Nutrigrain bar and ½ a bagel with peanut butter…he ate it all), fight him to change his diaper and fight him to get clothes on. So when he said “I wanna wear Wiggles slippers”? Okay, I let him. We walked in the door to daycare and I just looked at the teacher and said “It wasn’t worth the fight!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment