Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Soccer Mom

It's official. I own a minivan. Wow. Typing those words was a little difficult. When I was in high school my parents had a minivan and I swore I would NEVER drive one. Even when Andrew was born, I said I would never drive a minivan. I thought we would just buy an SUV. Well, things have changed. We now have three children and putting three car seats in the bench seat of my 4Runner is difficult. Ed has a Yukon and we just can't justify (or afford) a second large SUV and the gas that goes along with it. So, minivan it is. A 2006 Chrysler Town & Country to be exact. We got a great deal on it thanks to our good friend Pro (from Prothro Chevy in Manning, in case you're car shopping!). It has most of the bells and whistles, including automatic doors, which are a big hit with Andrew and Henry. Jacob gets a seat to himself in the second row and Andrew and Henry share the bench seat in the back. We tested it out over the weekend on a trip to my Grandpa's house in North Carolina and it traveled extremely well. It was so nice having room to spread the children out and having so much room to pack our bags. Ed even fit Andrew's new bike in the back!
I refuse to let this van make me feel old. But I am pretty sure I fit the bill for the soccer mom at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley! I just said to Kris, "Ed and Ashley bought a minivan." I mean, with 3 kids, you are kind of forced to, you know? PS - have you seen the HopeHealth commercial? It's really good! http://vimeo.com/8371163

    ReplyDelete